Good afternoon! As stated at the beginning of the school year, our Religious Education classes will be following the protocols sent fourth by the Diocese, and Leicester School Department. Therefore, as of March 6th, masks will not be mandated in any of our Religious Education classes.
The following LPS protocols have been updated to reflect our Religious Education policy as of March 6th, 2022:
On Wednesday, February 9, Commissioner Riley announced that after consulting with medical experts and state health officials, he will not renew the state mask requirement in schools after it expires on February 28. Effective Monday, February 28, when we return after vacation the DESE mask requirement will be lifted statewide.
As always, any individual who wishes to continue to mask, including those who face higher risk from COVID-19, should be supported in that choice. The Department of Elementary and Secondary Education and DPH strongly recommend that unvaccinated individuals continue to wear masks in school settings.
- Any individual who wishes to continue to mask, including those who face higher risk from COVID-19, are encouraged to do so and will be supported in that choice.
- DESE/DPH Protocols remain in place for the following:
- Students and staff who have had COVID or need to quarantine due to an exposure, and return after their five day isolation/quarantine period, must wear a mask for the remaining 5 days, except when eating, drinking, or outdoors, regardless of vaccination status
- Recommended that unvaccinated individuals continue to wear a mask in school settings.
- Individuals who experience COVID symptoms should stay home and be tested. If negative, they may return to class once fever free, without medication, for a full 24 hours, and improvement of all other symptoms. A mask should be worn until symptoms fully resolve.
The Department of Elementary and Secondary Education and the Department of Public Health strongly recommend students and staff continue to follow the DESE-DPH Protocols for Responding to COVID-19 Scenarios.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.
Director of Religious Education
St. Joseph- St. Pius X Parish